Thursday, July 14, 2011

Don't Gimme No Flap, Jack

No pictures were taken of last night's meal.  Frankly, the inerja were an embarrassment, easily one of the worst things I've ever made and not very picturesque.  I say blame it on the Bisquick.


I think I'm going to call inerja "Ethiopian flapjacks" from now on.  They are a lot like pancakes, and I just like the word flapjacks.  


I used to work at Central Market.  That store is crawling with loony-tunes.  One time, some guy carried on about how he makes the best pancakes.  I somehow got a word in edgewise.  That word was, of course, flapjacks.  The King of All Short-Order Fry Cooks asked me whether I'm from around here because the term flapjack doesn't have much currency in these parts.  Flapjack is more of a Northern term, said Mel Sharples.  


Despite all this, I still like the term flapjacks.  


Edit:  In lieu of photo from last night, enjoy this photo of our breathtakingly clean microwave:







No comments:

Post a Comment